Monday 7 August 2023

Canal knowledge along the Canal de Castilla

 Moving ever westwards, todays walk was brightened by the addition of the Canal de Castilla, to keep me company. 



This far into the walk, I now find distance no problem, walking faster and with purpose. When my current walking partner said his knee was playing up, I took the opportunity to walk alone towards Boardilla del Camino.




From there to today’s goal, Fromista, the canal was ever present. I only saw one canal boat, while I walked, but the flora and fawner was enough to keep me occupied. 

Finding myself on the wrong side of the river, I crossed at the top of a series of locks. 

Checking into my hotel, the bells of San Martin were still tolling. This was the huge cathedral like church, over the road from my hotel. I was in time for Mass, freshened up and with clean cloths. 



I had a pilgrims lunch which came with wine. What is not to like. Alberto Sanz is a white wine, made from the Verdejo grape. This one is 13% and from 2022. The nose is one of Gália Melon and soft lemon drops. The taste is ripe melon, garden mint and fresh pea pods. An interesting wine to go with my rack of ribs?


No comments: