Tuesday 15 August 2023

Konstantin and I

 Konstantin and I have been sharing rooms, hostels or Villages from the start. It transpired that we had both booked through Pilgrim Way, and we were inextricably thrown together till Santiago. Konstantin is from Berlin, he had a great personality, and we just clicked. On the Camino, you need nothing more.


Every time we meet, we embrace, the Camino way. Telling him about my blog, he asked if he could be in it. So just for him, here we go.

At Foncebadón, someone had got a bottle of Moscato. Rather than a flute, the staff had given a red wine glass. 

Just for fun, I suggested a wine tasting with Konstantin, Erik ( a chef from Berlin) and Orsi, a Hungarian from Pest. 

Looking at the alcoholic volume, I was way off, with a guess of 11%. It was in fact 6%. 

Looking at the nose, I got Cider apples. Erik felt there was massive Elderflower. Konstantine smelt orange or under ripe lemon zest. before.

The taste for me was dominated by stewed or cider apples. Erik thought there was honey dew melon, while Konstantin though he detected fresh Spanish Orange. Orsi said there was sherbet on the nose, but agreed with what had been said






Konstantinos showing his stuff.


No comments: